Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 341/24, 2022 - Wednesday

On this date in 2013 (the day was a Saturday), I was installed at the Chairman of the Austin Board of REALTORS®. You can believe it or not, but I have proof! Today, I attended A Celebration of Leadership at the Austin Board, and I was joined by (about) a dozen past Chairs. It was a very nice event, and it was nice to be invited. Many of us old timers sat in the back of the auditorium so we could make a clean getaway, and this photo is of me (in the middle) with Socar Chatmon-Thomas and Cathy Coneway. Cathy was Chair immediately before me. I had an appointment at 10 o'clock this morning, and I should hear back about that in a day or two. Otherwise, it was a calm day in the office, and that is always a good thing. The rest of the week ought to be kind of quiet as well, and there is certainly nothing wrong with that. It was (officially) 82 degrees in Austin today, which is a record high temperature for the day. I remember in 2013 it was NOT warm, in fact, it was downright cold. But today was warm and I had the top down. I stopped at Little Cesars and brought home a deep dish pizza, which I expect will be my dinner for the next three or four nights. I just saw a commercial for Chia Pets, and I may need to go buy one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment