Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 347/18, 2022 - Tuesday

Here are a couple questions that JoeMac will answer for me: Why is ship travel registered in Nautical Miles? Why aren't miles just miles? Question number 2: Why is a ships speed noted in knots and not miles per hour. I am so confused. And yes, I understand we should have switched to the metric system when I was in seventh grade, but we didn't. Today was a very nice, relaxed day. No class, no rushing about, nothing. I listened to a couple chapters of my book, and took long naps in between eating. I skipped breakfast in deference of a nice lunch and dinner. I did  little bit of exploring on the ship today, and I do not understand how this thing can float with all the stuff on it. A park, a carousel, stores, shops, pools, all kind of things to encourage embarrassing photographs. It turned cloudy this afternoon about 4:30, and then it rained a little bit. It is the mayoral election runoff in Austin today, so I am trying to keep up with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment