Friday, December 23, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 357/8, 2022 - Friday

It was 11 degrees when I got up this morning, no walking for us. I did make it in to the office, and then I had MORE errands to run. I had an appointment to get my hair cut at noon, and then I made it home about 1 o'clock or so. I went down for a nap with the girls, and woke up about an hour later. The last thing I would have ever expected was a house on fire a couple blocks away from me. I heard the sirens, but did not think they were that close. I looked out the back window, and wondered why there were cars parked up and down the Parkway. I opened the blinds more and there was black smoke billowing out from behind some trees. Yep, a house was on fire. No word about how it started...I heard it started in a garage and the garage door was open. No idea of anyone being hurt, but allegedly there is a pretty good sized hole in the roof of the house. I will report more in this journal tomorrow. We are expecting another couple days of cold weather overnights. It did not get above freezing today, but so far, no terrible damage reported to anyone I know. No walking tomorrow, maybe on Christmas day, it is still too early to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment