Sunday, December 25, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 359/6, 2022 - Christmas Day

Let's face facts, you cannot ignore December 25th. Days and dates come and go, but some days and dates you cannot ignore. December 25th is one of those dates. When shit happens on a day like that, you tend to remember. September 11th. February 14th. January 1st. Other dates are not nearly as pretentious as December 25th. Like February 18th. December 3rd. April 1st. Today, I did just exactly what I wanted to do, and I did almost all of it alone, just the way I wanted to do it. I did not post a single thing on social media, I avoided answering the phone, I just took the day off and did stuff of minor significance. I did walk in the morning with Jay and Dick, but we started at 8 o'clock instead of 7 o'clock. Then I took a nap, and did a couple insignificant things around the house. You know, just those minor kinds of things that only cause inconveniences for a few seconds at a time. I thin put together a really cool dog stroller that Carrie gave me to mark the date, and then I headed in to the office. When I got home, I went down for another nap, and then I took the girls for a walk. I decided to do that on the drive back home from Austin, but after the nap, I was no longer motivated. But, I did it anyway, and I think the girls liked it, if the number of times they peed is any indication. Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment