Sunday, April 16, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 106/259, 2023 - Sunday

I don't recall this happening this soon in the season last yerr, but I spied a few lemon buds on my Mayer Lemon bush this afternoon. Last year, I harvested about 12 or 15 lemons, and all the recipients were very grateful for the gift. I have to admit, they were lovely, but they take forever to ripen. Worth the wait, too! The day started, as usual, with a nice walk, and lots of conversation between me and Richard and Paul. There was no brunch today, everyone (except me) was otherwise occupied. I took the surge protector that I bought last Friday back to Home Depot, and received a curious look because I had purchased the wrong one. The hermetically sealed packaging was not in the least bit disturbed, and I presented the receipt, but I was very suspect about being up to something. Maybe it is just my face. I also cleaned out the garage a bit, nothing extravagant, just blowing the dead leaves out, and the front patio as well. Honestly, I am kind of tired of the oak dangling things falling off the trees in front and back. Technically, those things are called catkins, and even more technically they are known as aments. They are the male flower parts, and each of those little bumps is a male flower consisting of a bract (a highly modified leaf), a fobbed calyx and some pollen-producing stamens. There you have it, sixth grade health class is now complete, and I am still tired of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment