Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 96/269, 2023 - Wednesday

A lot of people driving past us this morning were overheard to say 'look at those three old men, they don't have sense to come in out of the rain!' Well, that may be true, but it was not raining when we left for our walk this morning. At the very beginning, there was a drop or two, but the radar looked like the rain was going to completely go around us. We got about a quarter of the way in to the walk, and it started sprinkling, but we decided to keep going. We got a little less than half way through and the downpour started. It rained really heavily on us, and so hard that some of the drops flet almost like hail. But, we all made it home. I undressed on the front porch (except for the boxers), and eventually put all my wet clothes in the dryer, including my shoes. Still not sure if my shoes got dry or not. It rained just a little bit on my way in to the office, but all told, there was 0.41" of rain received at the Curious House. It is supposed to keep raining here for at least the next couple days. Eighty percent chance on both Thursday and Friday. Maggie and I had a joint listing appointment early this afternoon, and hanging out with her is always a lot of fun. We had a great time, and made it back to the office about 2:30. I had a couple errands to take care of on the way home, and the sun is actually shining right now, I don't think I saw the sun all day today before this. NEWS FLASH: I put the hummingbird feeders out a couple weeks ago, and I thought I saw a really small hummingbird about a week ago. Today, I have seen a hummer out there at least three times, so I am happy that, perhaps, they will spread the word. I have four feeders out...if I put four more out, will that attract more hummers or is that just a waste? If you squint when you look at this photo, and if you accompany that with a magnifying glass, you can see the Downtown Austin skyline behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment