Thursday, April 6, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 96/269, 2023 - Thursday

The best thing about Thursday is that there is just one more day until it is Friday. We managed to get our walk in this morning before it rained, and rain it did. I think it started about 30 minutes after we finished the walk, and it was about 20 degrees cooler this morning than it was yesterday morning. On Monday it was 93 degrees, today it was 48 degrees. I think it made it up somewhere in to the 50s, but it has been cold, wet, grey, cloudy and miserable. It was still short pants weather when I left for the office this morning, but by the time I got to the office, i needed long pants. I have already turned the heat back on in the Curious House, just to get the chill out, and I have retrieved a pair of sweat pants from summer storage. BUT...the rain is very welcome, and much needed. On the walk this morning, they were beginning the tear-down of the house that burned several months ago, just a few blocks from the Curious House. Such a shame. We stopped and talked for a few minutes with the owner, and it is just the first step in getting their home rebuilt. Maybe they can be back in by Christmas, but I kind of doubt it. Construction is slow here in central Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment