Saturday, July 6, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 188/178, 2024 - Saturday

Sadly, I think the best chances of rain from Hurricane Beryl are going to be east of us here at the Curious House. It may strengthen to a Category 1 or 2 when it hits Houston (conjecture), but our rain chances are diminishing by the minute. I really would like some rain out of that system I had a nice walk with Paul this morning, and it was 73 degrees, it actually felt coolish, and I thought I might have slept through the summer and woke up in October. I think the high temperature here was only 95 today, and it was cloudy for a good part of the afternoon, and we did get a little sprinkle of rain. 0.06" of rain in the gauge. For you Aggies in the audience, that's six-one-hundredths of an inch of rain, less that a tenth-of-an-inch. Diane, Pam and Marian joined me to hit four estate sales this morning, and I came home with some real treasures. Marian did not buy anything, which is kind of depressing! After that, it was time for a np or two, and late this afternoon, I had to go in to Austin to secure the french door of a condo we manage. The gusty winds had blown the doors open, there was a little bit of water intrusion, but it is all okay now. I just finished fixing myself two pimento cheese flips, so now I am ready to lean back and look out the windows for the rest of the night. I am really proud that my plumeria is blooming so nicely, after it did not bloom at all last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment