Saturday, July 20, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 202/164, 2024 - Saturday

Saturday. Let me expand a little bit on the sweaty people here in Nice, France. I am not retracting my comment that EVERYONE is sweating, They are still sweating, and many of them are smoking, too. We got up this morning, and Michael and I went to the bakery for croissants and something else that was chocolaty. After breakfast, we left the apartment and headed for Old Town at about 9:15. We got there, and finally found the entrance to the 'Fun Park,' and had a nice walk around. Shortly after that,we took seats at a little cafe, where I had TWO Coke Zeros. It is REALLY hot here. Then, we went and staked out a place in the shade, or at least as much shade as we could find, to wait for the penultimate stage of the Tour de France. After a bit, Lynda walked across the street to get us a hamburgers at McDonalds, and by the time she received the order, the gendarmes would not let her go across the street to where we were. She had to go down a ways, and cross over a bridge that had been erected for the TdF. I finished my sandwich with about a minute to spare before the riders crossed in front of us. The ride was supposed to start at 1:35 but it did not start until about 1:50. The trains here can run on time, you would expect the ride could start on time. While sitting/standing in the shade, I met two nice families, one from Norway (now living in Antibes), and another family from Belgium. All very nice. Even though English is definitely NOT their first language, most people have a bit of English fluency, definitely more than all my French combined. After the start of the stage, we headed back to the apartment, where we stayed until it was time for dinner. Now we are back, and it is time to call it a day. Stay tuned. But wait, there's more! Nekkid people update... We passed Apollo again today, and I discovered he has four horses on he head, I had not realized that at all yesterday. Okay, now you can close this journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment