Sunday, July 21, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 203/163, 2024 - Sunday

We started out the day slowly, I did not even go and get croissants. We had cereal and yogurt for breakfast, and that was perfect. We walked across the Promenade to the beach (it is really not a beach), and got in the water for a while. The beach here is really river rock, the kind of rock you pay $7.50 a 3 pound bag for at Home Depot. But, it was not a problem, we all had big towels, and after we got out of the water, we sat and enjoyed a little bit of sunshine. A little bit of sunshine because it has been overcast most of the day, which proved to make the day more bearable than yesterday. It was better, weather-wise, than yesterday, but I still worked up a pretty good sweat everywhere I/we went. We headed off to tour a couple museums, first Chagall and then Matisse. The transit system here is pretty good, and I am sure it would be even better if I were here for a couple more weeks, and had time to study it. Actually, I am not even trying, I just follow Michael and Lynda, and we (usually) end up where we had intended. The train and a cab got us to the Musee Chagall. We got there at about 1PM, and we knew the museum ws closed for lunch until 2. So, we had lunch in the garden there, and then toured the museum. Joan Miro had another show of works at the Chagall museum, so that makes two different places we have seen his works. Then we were off to the Musee Matisse. The interesting thing about this is, his home was the original part of the museum, and then there was more space added. Very interesting. I like the still life portraits of Matisse, but I am not fond of the cut paper works and the stuff that reminds me of bad wall paper. I think his sculptures are really interesting though. Okay...so Michael went his way to see the finale of the Tour de France, Lynda and I headed back to the apartment, with a quick stop at the grocery. The grocery closest to the apartment is about the size of my house, not including the garage. This is the grocery that coined the term 'limited selections.' We just finished dinner, and watched some paramedics carry a guy in a wheel chair off in an ambulance acros the street on the back side of the apartment. Not sure exactly what might happen tomorrow, but you will read it here first.

No comments:

Post a Comment