Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 199/167, 2024 - Wednesday

I got up about 6 o'clock this morning, I had to pack and the train left for Nice at 10:30. We took the trash and recyclyng to the public sanitary places, but the did not open until 9:30...so we faked it, just a little bit. There are above ground recycle bins for paper, glass and plastic, and then there is another bin 'for everything else.' We got a cab at 9:30 and boarded the train. I continue to be impressed with the trains, they leave on time and arrive on time. It took about three hours to go from Avignon to Nice, a distance of 260.3 km (which I think breaks down to about 156 miles. There were two or three stops along the way, one of them was Cannes. I didn't get off, but I can say I have been to the train station (gare tren). We got to Nice and took a taxi to the apartment we are staying in. I said the address was 214 Promenade des Anglais and in reality it was 219 Promenade des Anglais. Now...214 PdA does not exist, but the cab driver thought it did. I would not have thought there would be a tremendous distance between 214 and 219 PsA, but if there had been a 214PdA, it would have been about 11 miles away from 219. Okay, once we got settled in at the apartment, we got local train passes and went close to old town. We had a nice lunch at the Restaurant Crocodile (not on the menu), and there was a man (late 20s maybe) next to us eating his lunch (fish) slower than I have ever seeen anyone eat. He was there eating when we got there, and he was still eating his fish thirty minutes later. SUDDENLY...he jumped up and ran out (we were sitting on the patio. It was the first time in my long life that I have ever seen someone skip out on a check in the restaurant. The staff person (our waiter) said, well...it was just one fish. That is a really good outlook, in my opinion. Tomorrow is planned to be a slow day, and there may be a tour to Eze and Morocco one of the days we are here. Eze is one of those forteress cities on a hill. I up for it. Right now, I am up for little of anything. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment