Monday, July 8, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 190/176, 2024 - Monday

People very seldom say they are sad because the hurricane missed them. Here in central Texas where the Curious House is, we seldom get the damage of hurricanes, but we do cross our fingers for the rain it brings. Our Highland Lakes are really in need of a water infusion, and that is why we were hoping Beryl would track a bit more westerly. Nothing ends a drought like a flood. No floods on the horizon for us, but Houston, which is almost at sea level, is getting their share of flooding. Stay safe all y'all. No walk again this morning, but I managed to make good use of the extra time I had. I got in to the office at about 9:30, and got a respectable amount of work done, and left for the Curious House at about 2:30. Still getting stuff done here and spoke with a couple Landlords from the home office. It was cloudy most of the day, so our temperatures were really moderate, and the weather prognosticators are teasing us that the temperature tomorrow morning could be below 70. I'll believe it when I let the girls out. These blooms in the front yard had to have appeared overnight last night, I did not even notice them until I pulled in the driveway this afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment