Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 206/160, 2024 - Wednesday

Upon review, I discovered that I did not even tell you all about the new friends I made yesterday, from Alberta, Canada. Two women, who we could do a whole Real Housewives from Alberta television show about, although only one of them has been (been) married. THey had just spent a week on a private yacht cruising the French Riveria. They were behind me in line, talking trash about other women on the yacht, and more importantly, women that had not been invited to be on the yacht. At one point I leaned over to them and asked them if they could speak up, because it was hard to hear all the trash they were spewing. SO...I got all the stink. One of the women on the cruise had been given a $35K gold and diamond necklace that she didn't want, and offered it to one of the women I was talking to, and she refused it. I asked her if she was out of her mind, and when we got on the plane, I gave them a business card, and told them if they were offered more jewelry they didn't want, let me know and I would cover the FedEx. Which brings us to today. The flight from France was delayed, which had a domino affect, and we missed the flight to Austin. I am now holed up in a hotel in Flushing, New York. My alarm is set for 3AM tomorrow, we have a cab booked at 4AM for a 6AM flight to Dallas, then on to Austin. If you want to know more, ask me in a week or two...I don't much want to talk about it more right now. The photo accompanying this journal entry is from the rooftop 'restaurant' at the hotel. I have been up since 1AM Texas time, and it is time to get some sleep. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment