Monday, July 22, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 204/162, 2024 - Monday

So...I thought this photo accompanying this journal might catch your attention. Just another day in the life! Today in Nice there were not nearly as many people on the streets, the trains and the buses. It was nice. After breakfast, we went back to the Old Town section, and I was let loose in what I can only describe as a really, REALLY cool flea market. I could easily fill a shipping container with what I consider to be really cool crap that would feel right at home in the Curious House. While I was there, I made friends with a family from Singapore. They were visiting the lady's father that had one of the booths. I bought a piece from him, and then asked them if they knew what lagniappe was. I went on to tell them that, when I lived in New Orleans, merchants would often reward customers with a little lagniappe, a small gift given to a customer by a merchant at the time of a purchase. Like buying a dozen donuts and getting 13. SO, I was gifted a small piece by the man at the booth, and we were all happy. Much fun! Today was also a day of removing any trace of the Tour de France in Nice. Signage, street crossovers, everything is coming down. What I expect took weeks or months to put up will most likely be gone by the end of this week. Maybe Wednesday. While we were out, we had lunch, and then retreated to the apartment. Frozen pizza for dinner, and fresh peaches for dessert. Tomorrow will be our day to vacate the apartment, we got a late check-out, and we will catch a late afternoon plane to Paris, spend the night at the airport, and then head back early Wednesday morning. I have done a lot of things in the last 10 days or so, and it has been a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment