Thursday, July 25, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 207/159, 2024 - Thursday

Well, I lost a day because of flight challenges, but I am back home at the Curious House. I got the girls, and they are doing just fine, everything is just kind of falling into place, as if we are picking back up where we left off. It is interesting to see the Olympic coverage on the television, noting that I was there at a couple places they are showing. Speaking of television, there was very little television watching for the last two weeks. There was no television where we stayed in Paris, I don't remember if there was on in Avignon, and Michael watched Tour de France occasionally when we were in Nice. Speaking of Nice, how did I ever get lucky enough to have such nice friends? Did you see what I did there? Michael and Lynda were nice enough to invite me to tag along with them on this trip. Paulina, Val and Oliver were nice enough to take great care of the girls while I was gone. James was very nice to collect mail and watch the house. Pam was nice enough to check on the house and make sure plants were watered. And when I got home, I found three gifts (estate sale finds) from Pam and Marian. One is a Seriolithograph by Michael Kachan called Eiffel Song. It was done in 1999, and you can see the Eiffel Tower behind the dancers. So thoughtful and topical. Another lovely piece of art and one little Buddah piece. All three lovely things that I will like forever. AND...there was also a baked chicken, a chicken taco kit, and a HUGE apple pie. What could be better? And so, you can see Eiffel Song above, accompanying this journal entry. Lovely. And now, I am going to go a try to get some sleep. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment