Thursday, July 11, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 193/173, 2024 - Thursday

As of the composing of this journal entry, I have been awake for about 36 hours. Okay, that may be a lie, I think I did get a couple hours sleep here and there, but it is no secret I am not as you nr as I used to be! It is 9:45PM here in Paris, which means it is 2:45PM in Austin. The time difference is really interesting. We landed this morning at about 9 o'clock, 2 o'clock in Austin. Got to the hotel, did a couple things, and then walked around a bit. We made it to the Pantheon, went to the Seine, looked from afar (well, as close as you can get) to Notre Dame, looked up at stuff, pointed at other stuff, and then headed back to the hotel. I was having a few technology issues, but I actually fixed those myself, with no outside help, if you don't count Dr. Google as helping. We met back in the garden at 6:30, I had some coffeee (I was having a no caffeine headache), and then headed out to dinner. All is good, we have tickets at 8:30 tomorrow morning for the Eiffel Tower, then lunch on a boat on the Seine, and then I have tickets to go to the Catacombs tomorrow at 5PM. I am looking forward to all three events. Let's hope I don't get arrested for messing with the bones at the Catacombs. Today's photo is me outside the Pantheon, with the Eiffel Tower several blocks behind me. I am sure I will have more 'typical' tourist photos for you tomorrow, after a good nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment