Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Volume 18 - Day 245/120, 2026 - Wednesday

The girls were a little bit pissed off by the time I got home this afternoon. It was kind of like a day in the 'old days,' I left the Curious House before nine and I did not get back until about 4:30. After the morning walk, I headed in to Austin for our monthly meeting. After that, I stopped by the pharmacy, and then my next appointment was out by Lake Travis. I had about an hour-and-a-half before that appointment, so I wandered around a little bit. It was kind of nostalgic, although I had not intended it to be. I went down 2222, which was the route I took in 1985 and decided I was happy with Austin. It is a very nice drive, especially for someone that had just moved here. That took me to Jester, where Jody and I lived for a while when we first got together. The house brings back lots of memories, and the tree I planted in the front yard is really big and healthy looking. The photo accompanying this post is on the way down Jester to 2222. The view of the city from there was always worth looking at. I stalled until about 1:50 and could not think of anywhere else I needed to wander, so I got to our clients home, and Maggie met me about five minutes later. It was an interesting afternoon, glad to be back at the Curious House, and glad to report that we got a little rain shower, and there is about 2/10" in the gauge. We will take it, but that is not enough for me to turn off the sprinklers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment