I learned a new way to make it rain today, just accept an invitation to an outdoor garden party. That will do it. I ran a couple errands today, and I left to go in to Austin about 3:45. I was going to meet Eileen at 5, and I forgot how impatient and obnoxious drivers are in rush hour traffic. I got to the agreed upon meeting place about five-after-five, and Eileen got there about 5:15, and we made it to the Umlauf Sculpture Garden and Museum right on time. We made it under the pavilion and the skies opened up. It only rained there for about 25 minutes, and we walked UP to the Umlauf home and workshop, and it was all very interesting. Neither of us knew anyone except Jonathan (President of the Board) and Dale. Going from the pavilion through the sculpture garden, up to the house and workshop, is a 45 foot climb, and I admit it was a little shaky on the steps after the rain. Plus, I am naturally shaky, so there is that. I got back to the Curious House just a little bit after 8, and I was kind of surprised how dark it was, that early. Today is the first full day of Fall, so I expect the dark to set in early, but I wish the heat would lessen accordingly. I was a little bit disappointed that I could not find 'Jeremiah,' the Umlauf piece that Jody donated back to the museum when it opened. It is there, somewhere.Wednesday, September 23, 2026
Volume 18 - Day 266/99, 2026 - Wednesday
I learned a new way to make it rain today, just accept an invitation to an outdoor garden party. That will do it. I ran a couple errands today, and I left to go in to Austin about 3:45. I was going to meet Eileen at 5, and I forgot how impatient and obnoxious drivers are in rush hour traffic. I got to the agreed upon meeting place about five-after-five, and Eileen got there about 5:15, and we made it to the Umlauf Sculpture Garden and Museum right on time. We made it under the pavilion and the skies opened up. It only rained there for about 25 minutes, and we walked UP to the Umlauf home and workshop, and it was all very interesting. Neither of us knew anyone except Jonathan (President of the Board) and Dale. Going from the pavilion through the sculpture garden, up to the house and workshop, is a 45 foot climb, and I admit it was a little shaky on the steps after the rain. Plus, I am naturally shaky, so there is that. I got back to the Curious House just a little bit after 8, and I was kind of surprised how dark it was, that early. Today is the first full day of Fall, so I expect the dark to set in early, but I wish the heat would lessen accordingly. I was a little bit disappointed that I could not find 'Jeremiah,' the Umlauf piece that Jody donated back to the museum when it opened. It is there, somewhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment