Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Volume 18 - Day 259/106, 2026 - Wednesday

At my advanced age, I should no longer be expected to remember to take photos to include with these journal entries. After my committee meeting this morning, I had a lovely lunch with Eileen and Holly. I consciously thought about taking a photo shortly before lunch, but left, headed back to the Curious House, with no photo. I did, however, bring home the crispy chicken parts of my club salad, so take a look at the photo, and you will know what I will be having for dinner later in the week! One of our neighbors complained this week about the condition of the community pool, and that there may have been a vandalism event, because there was pool furniture in the pool. The HOA manager response was, and I quote: We have video record of mini cyclone picking up the chairs and blowing them into the pool and one over the fence. This same cyclone deposited a lot of dirt in pool. The dirt is from beside the pool where there is no grass. Was the mini-cyclone reported to our local weather prognosticators? I heard nothing about it, so I looked up the definition on the Googles. A 'mini cyclone' is an informal, non-standard weather term usually used by the public and media to describe a localized, intense wind event, small tornado, or a midget tropical storm. I am not sure about you, but I think the proper term these days would be 'little people tropical storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment