Friday, September 11, 2026

Volume 18 - Day 254/111, 2026 - Friday

I have shared this many, many times over the past 25 years. In the week leading up to 9/11, Jody and I were traveling from Montreal to Portland, Maine. Jody was driving and I was riding my bike, having raised money for AIDS research. It was my last seven day ride, and it was great. Jody and I left the jetport in Portland, Maine on September 10th, and the terrorists left the jetport in Portland, Maine on September 11th. I believe that the lives of every person on the planet changed that day, and none of us will ever be the same. I remember there was no laughing for months after that, and I also remember watching a television comedy show months later, and I laughed out loud. It had been months of no laughing, and I very clearly remember the day that I thought it was okay to laugh again. Today was again a busy day, I walked with Paul, and then I got ready to head south. I needed to do several things in Austin, so I left the Curious House before 9 o'clock, picked up a prescription, got a shot in my knee (number 4), and spent a few hours at the Secretary of State's office, getting some documents Apostille'd about the condo in Playa. On the way home, I stopped at HEB and got bird seed, some flavored sparkling water (I trying to cut down on the Diet Cokes) and some hard boiled eggs. That is a testament to how lazy I am. Tomorrow will be estate sales, and tomorrow evening Paulina and I are going to a chamber music and jazz concert at The Mansion in Austin. Bottom line: I will out AFTER DARK tomorrow night. You have been warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment