Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Volume 18 - Day 272/93, 2026 - Tuesday

It was a nice morning for a walk, nice if you think heat and humidity is your friend. I had a 10:30 appointment in Austin this morning, so I did not do the ROMEO breakfast. I got to my appointment in plenty of time, which is the way I like to do it. I had thirty minutes to make my presentation, and I finished with a minute to spare. Later tonight, I will retrieve Val and Paulina from the airport, and I have an 8 o'clock appointment tomorrow morning in Leander. No walk for me tomorrow. I got a summons for jury duty in the mail today, this is either the third or fourth summons I have received in my advanced years, and I have never, ever served on a jury. I would really like to serve on a jury, so I am going to try really hard not to offend anyone between now and October 30th. Well, not 'anyone,' but at least the people that will decide if I am on or off the jury. Whatever. Rain is supposed to start tomorrow night, and remain in the area for two or three days. We are already under flash flood watches, so we will see just exactly what happens. I'm glad the Curious House is on top of the hill, and not at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment