The same damn song has been making me sing it in my head, all day long. The Birds & the Bees by Jewel Akens. I think it was the pick of the week on SHINDIG in 1965. FACT: Songs get stuck in your head, a phenomenon known as an earworm or involuntary musical imagery, because catchy melodies trigger brain loops that keep replaying patterns of sound. Whatever. I did next to nothing today; I trimmed some limbs off the maple tree at the front patio, I DID NOT put to garbage out for collection since there was next to nothing in the can, I watered very little since the sprinklers ran last night, and we had 0.22" of rain yesterday afternoon. At about 5:45, I went to my first Civilian Police Academy, which was very interesting. The Georgetown Police Chief was the instructor for this first class, then there was a tour of the facility. Overall, the facility is pretty impressive, and I had no idea there was so much stuff in that HQ building. The only problem was the class ran 45 minutes longer than expected, and the girls did not like that at all, which is code for 'they are gonna pee in the closet.' They are not pleased when I leave in the evenings, it is what it is. The photo accompanying this entry is one of the police training dummies, 155 pounds of dummy. I'm choosing NOT to drag a dummy anywhere!Thursday, September 3, 2026
Volume 18 - Day 246/119, 2026 - Thursday
The same damn song has been making me sing it in my head, all day long. The Birds & the Bees by Jewel Akens. I think it was the pick of the week on SHINDIG in 1965. FACT: Songs get stuck in your head, a phenomenon known as an earworm or involuntary musical imagery, because catchy melodies trigger brain loops that keep replaying patterns of sound. Whatever. I did next to nothing today; I trimmed some limbs off the maple tree at the front patio, I DID NOT put to garbage out for collection since there was next to nothing in the can, I watered very little since the sprinklers ran last night, and we had 0.22" of rain yesterday afternoon. At about 5:45, I went to my first Civilian Police Academy, which was very interesting. The Georgetown Police Chief was the instructor for this first class, then there was a tour of the facility. Overall, the facility is pretty impressive, and I had no idea there was so much stuff in that HQ building. The only problem was the class ran 45 minutes longer than expected, and the girls did not like that at all, which is code for 'they are gonna pee in the closet.' They are not pleased when I leave in the evenings, it is what it is. The photo accompanying this entry is one of the police training dummies, 155 pounds of dummy. I'm choosing NOT to drag a dummy anywhere!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment