Saturday, July 3, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Eighty Four...

A great day today! I slept (okay, I stayed in the bed) until 6:30 this morning, and got up and did the morning routine. I headed out to the Toyota dealer about 8 o'clock to have my car serviced. It did not take as long as I thought it would, and when I got home, Jody and I decided to go into Georgetown to order our fireplace insert (very efficient wood burning heating insert). We have been to the shop every weekend for the past three weekends, checking things out, and so we placed the order today and it may be installed next week or the week after. Be prepared!

Before I left to have my car serviced, I brought three boxes into the garage from the storage shed, and Jody unpacked two of them and we also took some stuff into the Collector's Market. While Jody was pricing stuff to take to the Market, I went out to look at our (one and only) Peach Tree to see how our peaches are coming along. They look really pretty, but they are still hard as a rock. Pauline and Hubert said there is a type of peach that will not really be ripe until August...another month to wait on these peaches? I never heard of that, I always thought when they looked as good as these do, they were ripe and ready to eat. BUT, I will defer to Pauline and Hubert, because they have been doing this longer than I have. After that, we headed to the Dairy Queen for Blizzards, and I do not recommend the Pecan Pie Blizzard they are promoting now. Nope, no way!

Once we got home, we both went down for naps, and just as we were both stirring around, Pauline called and wanted us to come over and get some more peaches. They are overwhelmed with the years peach crop, so we went and got some, and when we got home with them, we peeled them and froze a little over three quarts of fresh peaches. I am going back over there tonight and pick some fresh black-eyed peas, and I will shell them later tonight as well.

Before we headed over to Pauline and Hubert's, we picked what few figs were ready on our fig tree and took them over to them. Look at the size of this spider! It was moving in on the (unfortunate) grasshopper that did not successfully avoid its' web. Bye-Bye grasshopper!

Speaking of bye-byes...the little hatchling that fell out of its' next and Jody put it in the flower pot by the door; it did not make it. It put up a good fight, but that was just not meant to be.

Tomorrow is the Fourth of July, and I expect it will be a wonderful day. I hope everyone has a wonderful day, and remembers what our Independence means.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PEACHES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment