Monday, July 12, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Ninety Three...

Where does all the time go? Today was a really busy day, and at one of my appointments, I was bitten by a German Shepherd. Nothing terrible, just something that does not happen every day. I got back to the office and had totally forgotten about it until I was leaving for the day, and happened to remark about it. It was kind of a hot topic around the office for 5 minutes, and that was the end of it. Kind of like when I was in Jamaica in February and participated in a drug deal (unbeknownst to me of course). Just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I am now reading (okay, listening to) a book called 'My Third Husband will be a Dog' or something like that, and it is an interesting and easy to listen to compilation of short stories. Along the way, the author passes out interesting bits of wisdom like, 'seize every opportunity, because you never know how many more opportunities you may have', that kind of stuff, and then tells a poignant story about something that happened to her in her life. Like when her dog Lucy died, and when her father died. When her father died, she was in his hospital room with her uncle and maybe one or two more relatives, and suddenly the room was filled with dozens of doctors and intern-types. She was told she had to live the room, that 'all unnecessary people needed to leave'. She told the doctor that she was his daughter and the doctor did not even know her fathers name, so she was not leaving. Those kind of things.

On a side note, today in 1968, my father died. I was 16 years old and the actual day was a Friday. I was working at Montgomery-Wards in Southgate, Michigan. On my dinner break, I called home and talked with my dad, told him I bought a pair of black wing-tipped shoes with my first pay check. He said he and my mom were goint to an auction that night, and they would pick me up when I got off work at 9 o'clock. They never came to pick me up. My dad was one of my 'necessary people'.

She (the author) has done lots of things including raising chickens. She knows about hawks killing chickens, and all kinds of chicken anecdotes. My kind of book to listen to. The chickens at our house were happy to see me this afternoon, and they were happier that I had brought them some greens and bread. The chickens that seem to be the most photographed are called 'blond sex links' I swear to God. Do an Internet search if you don't believe me. Anyway, those two of the six chicks seem to be the ones I favor most, they are the ones that are easiest for me to pick up and put in my lap, and they seem to be the friendliest as of right now. Tomorrow, we estimate, will be the chicks ten week birthday, and they are growing and maturing really quickly. Half-way to laying eggs, I think! We shall see.

Windy and warm, and the turbines are generating up a storm. More to do tomorrow, and I will report it all to you in good time.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NECESSARY PEOPLE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment