Wednesday, July 14, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Ninety Five...

Crazy busy day, but all is well that ends well. Meetings began at 9 o'clock this morning, and I had already been in the office. Three sets of meetings before noon, and then an appointment in Kyle, which is about 30 or 35 miles south of where I was. Interestingly, I used to ride my bike all around Kyle and Buda (about 10 or 11 years ago when I was doing long-distance rides), and lots has changed in what was that VERY RURAL area of central Texas. Population growth has probably added 50,000 people to those two places and all the infrastructure and support services followed. Crazy crowded. BUT, there are still some very charming places to frequent, and I would imagine those two 'small towns' are wonderful places to raise kids (for now).

I finally made it in to the office about 2 o'clock, and managed to get a little bit of office work done. It is that crazy time of year for leasing and property management, and it is kind of stressful for all of us. Properties listed, applications coming in, lots and lots of telephone calls from prospective tenants and other agents. Just kind of BUSY!

Once I got home, I found that Jody had made a peach cobbler, and it looks and smells delicious. I will give you all a full report later. Oh, when I was at the office, Tonya (who we met when we first started breeding the cattle) sent me a picture that she took about three years ago of her son Patrick and Mr. Speckles when he was a calf. It is hard to believe that Mr. Speckles has grown up (and still growing) to be the big-daddy breeder that he is! He (and Patrick) were both really young and really innocent at the time the photo was taken.

In case you did not know this, I am a BIG FAN of 'Big Brother' on television. It is really the only one of the 'reality' shows that I try to watch consistently. None of the others really holds my interest, and I am having my doubts about the program that just began another season a few weeks ago. Right now, I am working on this entry during commercials, even though O am also recording it. Just to be sure!

Deeds, Changes, Actions, BABY MR. SPECKLES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment