Friday, July 23, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Four...

The two photos in today's entry were taken within 30 seconds of each other, just two different views achieved with a turn of the head. These shots were taken this morning as the sun was coming up and Jody and I were getting the car packed to head down to Red Rock. It was quite a sunrise, and there was a brief shower (I am talking four minutes) and we recorded 2/100 of an inch of rain in our fancy new atomic rain gauge. Hardly worth even mentioning. But the colors of the sunrise were well worth documenting.

We had appointments in Red Rock with the well guy and the HVAC guy. Both were pretty darn quick fixes, and they were finished within an hour of their arrivals. Jody (of Tonya and Patric fame) has been down there with his shredder and gotten the place looking pretty darn good, and now all we meed is some detail work around the house and it will be once more presentable. He has also put four calfs down there, and I saw three of them, he says the brown one is pretty much a loner.

We came home by way of a couple stops in Bastrop, and then stopped in Elgin for lunch. Of course, I had pork ribs (gotta have bones for the dog), and Jody had a shredded pork sandwich. VERY GOOD. We choose Myers over Southside. If you are from the area, you will know what I mean.

When we got home, I crawled in my big blue chair and stretched back for a nap that lasted two hours. When I awoke, I was still tired, and stayed there for several minutes. I got up and checked e-mails and a little bit of this-and-that. Then it was off to feed the chickens, and I cleaned their water supplies and gave them fresh water. They are growing and really like their new organic 'tween' feed. It is called 'organic developer'. WOW!

Chicken salads for dinner tonight, and a busy day tomorrow.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MEYERS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment