Tuesday, July 20, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred One...

The saga of the fireplace insert/hearth mount wood stove continues. The installers came back out this afternoon to install the second choice of product (most likely this is a better choice than the first one we made) and of course there were some challenges in the installation. First, one of the screw for the legs was 'sheared off' in transit, and there was not an extra screw to be had. SO, the installers will need to make a separate trip back out here at some point with a screw for the leg. In the meantime, I am thinking they are going to put a 2 x 4 under the heater where the leg is supposed to be, but I am not sure about this yet. They are still working, but I will provide you with a photo of the finished (temporarily) product before I post this entry. At this particular moment, the three installers seem to be arguing about some finer point of the appliance installation, and I think one of them just stormed out and is most likely outside somewhere pouting. Not sure...

Lots of good accomplishments at work today, three meetings attended, and good work done at most of them. Two out of three ain't bad! Tomorrow will be a short kind of day, only two meetings and one appointment, so that will be good. And on Thursday, I am only scheduled for three meetings, but I am not sure I will be able to attend one of them. AND, Thursday is my Meals-on-Wheels day.

Hubert is out in the front pasture right now raking the hay, and he may come back and bale it all later. The front pasture is kind of small, only about seven acres, so it should not take too long to bale that. I hope to get at least one round bale per acre. NEWS FLASH: We got 15 bales (okay, 14-and-a half) from the front pasture, which is much more than I thought we would get. That means we got 36 bales on this cut, and 35 from the earlier cut this year, six weeks ago. Very nice!

I am scheduled to go to the Red Rock farm on Friday, so I will not be going into the office that day. I have HVAC and water well service men scheduled, and I may try to get the termite and pest control guy to get down there on Friday as well. I am planning to take the tractor and shredder down there, but it would be nice if I could find someone to do that for me, but I will go with whatever the flow turns out to be come Friday.

Chickens like grapes. I just thought I would mention that. I took them some cole slaw mix and some bread, and cut up a few grapes just for variety. They went crazy for the grapes, but grapes may not be a cost effective something for chickens. We shall see...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, INSERTS(!), Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment