Thursday, July 15, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Ninety Six...

Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for the springing fresh from the word...
- Cat Stevens

It was a wonderful morning to a wonderful day, even though there were some issues along the way. The morning glories are really coming along, and things are really just beautiful at the farm, even though we would like a little bit more rain. A nice inch or so every week to ten days would be wonderful, but beggars cannot be choosers. The chickens are happy, the cattle are happy, the bees are happy (if not particularly productive), Jody is happy, and all that makes me happy. What more can I say?

We had our property management meeting this morning, and then we all went on about our 'business'. Here is the weird part...after the meeting this morning, I had an unusual experience in the bathroom. Remember now, I am going to be 59 years old on my birthday, and this is the FIRST TIME this has ever happened to me. After a good deal of excavation and investigation, I determined that I had stepped into my boxers BACKWARDS this morning. I am not sure exactly what was backwards, me or the boxers, but nonetheless the front part was in the back and vice-versa. That unhappy realization has a tendency to make the rest of the day somewhat suspect, and brings to question the theory that perhaps I am a little bit stressed out. I don't feel particularly stressed out, but who am I to judge? I can't even get my boxers on right, so I think I will try to avoid operating heavy machinery for a while. It gives a whole new meaning (to me anyway) about getting your panties all in a wad. AND I shall never again ask anyone to walk a mile in my boxers. You won't know if you are coming or going! Whatever...

This is a photo I took this morning also of the sage bush (one of them) out at the driveway by the road. Sage bushes are believed to bloom BEFORE a rain, and ours are just a-blooming up a storm, and all the sages around Georgetown are blooming. BUT, the televised weather prognosticators are giving us (basically) a zero-percent change of any precipitation for the next seven days. CRAP!

GOODY-GOODY! I came home this afternoon, and Hubert (I think) was out in the far back pasture cutting hay. I am certain someone was cutting hay, I am pretty sure it was/is Hubert. He has been out there for a while, and I guess he will come up and do the front pasture this evening as well. It takes a long time to cut hay, it takes a long time to cut the grass (or cut at it as I like to do). Anyway, I am very happy that we are getting a full second cut on the hay this year, and I think it is really quite possible that we will be getting a third cutting. It is only the middle of July, and if we get a little bit more rain, I expect we will. YIPPEE!

This is a picture of the peach cobbler Jody made yesterday, and we dug into last night. Very good! I had a concern that there would be a lot of sugar in it, and it might keep me awake, but I did not query Jody about it, and I slept very nicely, thank you very much. There is another episode of 'Big Brother' on this evening, and even I am embarrassed for myself that I am watching this program. It is not rocket science, for sure, but it is like a train wreck.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FRESH CUT HAY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment