Sunday, July 11, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Ninety Two...

Today was a busy day, although it was not the most productive day I have ever had! I went down to Red Rock this morning, where our 'old farm' is. That property has been leased for a couple years, and the tenant moved out earlier this year. We have it on the sales market, and the land has become pretty grown up, lots of weeds, and just pretty much out of control. SO, I headed down there today with the lawn mower and the intention to at least make the place look somewhat presentable. It is about 75 miles or so from where we are now to the Red Rock farm, so it is a pretty good drive. I got down there and started cutting grass, and about 20 or 30 minutes into cutting, I caught the throttle spring on a piece of barbed wire, and that was the end of that. Oh well, darn. It was really hot too, but I had really wanted to get the stuff looking a little bit better.

Our friend Jody and his son Patrick came out, they live in Cedar Creek which is about 10 miles away from the Red Rock farm. Jody is going to put some calves on the land to help get the pastures under control, and then he will bring his shredded out and get the grass and weeds around the house under control. SO, all in all, it will not take too much to get things looking better, and that will be good. We would really like to get the place sold, and this can only help.

I got back home about 2 o'clock, and I sat in my big blue chair and took a nap. When I got back up, I went outside and cleaned out the chicken coop, and got the girls all set for the coming week. Not too much trouble keeping them happy, just the basics, and they are growing like weeds!

Once that was done, Jody and I both jumped in the pool to cool off. Nice, very nice. We then headed out to Georgetown to go to Fish City Grill for dinner. I had fried shrimp and sweet potato fries, and Jody had shrimp tacos. Very good indeed.

When we got home, we went out to check the peaches again. Still hard as a rock, but if you could eat pretty, these peaches would be delicious. We also checked out the pecan trees, and they are doing really well, we should have LOTS of pecans later this year, from the five trees we have out there.

Jody will be going into Austin tomorrow for a doctors appointment, and then he and our friend Lynda will meet for lunch at the Blue Moon Cafeteria. More fun!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, WEEDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment