Monday, July 26, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Seven...

Something like this can have a tendency towards slowing your homeward commute. Traffic was STOPPED on the Interstate even before I got on it. There is really not that much you can do, even a stopped Interstate is often the quickest way to go for many folks, and it is definitely quicker for me. There is really no other choice for me, unless I want to drive about 80 miles home instead of 50 miles home. Luckily for me (not for the folks in the silver car) the back up was not far from where I entered the highway, and it was relatively smooth sailing once I made it a mile or so. AND, there was no sign of any other vehicles involved in the wreck; plenty of police and fire department vehicles, and one tow truck, but nothing else.

Once I made it about ten miles or so, it began raining, and I called Jody to see if it was raining at the farm. NOPE. Raining all around us, but again, nothing at the farm. We have a 60% chance of rain tomorrow, and a 40% or 50% chance of rain on Wednesday. There is even a pretty good chance of rain on Thursday and Friday. Surely (don't call me Shirley) we will get a little bit of rain out of this. Even if we do not get any rain, we are really happy that the cloud cover is keeping our temperatures lower than average. When I got on the Interstate this afternoon, the temperature outside was 97 degrees. Once the rain hit, the temperature went down to about 75 degrees, and by the time I got home, it was back up to 84 degrees. There is plenty of wind outside, and lots of clouds and thunder, but so far no rain. I will keep you informed.

This just in from the chicken cam...the chickens are pretty well trained to know when there are about to be fed in the afternoons. I think pretty soon we will experiment with letting them loose from the fenced area during the day time, and see how that will work out. I am pretty confident that they will come a running when I feed them in the afternoons. I am a little bit scared of them being victimized by hawks or owls or coyotes, but I guess that is just part of life on the farm. I hope they will all be okay.

Today was a pretty good day for accomplishments, and tomorrow will be a good day as well. Only one meeting tomorrow, one on Wednesday and one on Thursday (not including Meals-on-Wheels). Nothing scheduled on Friday, so that may mean another day off for me! Woo-Hoo!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAIN OR WHAT?, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment