Tuesday, July 6, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Eighty Seven...

Today is (what we believe to be) the chicks birthday. We estimated that they were about a week old when we got them, and we have had them for eight weeks, so we figure (let me see...1 + 8 = 9) that they are nine weeks old. And they are smart little chickens, too. They know exactly what is going on around them, and they are inquisitive little chickens. Very curious. It will be nice when they finally start laying, which should be in about another 2 or three months, just in time for the colder weather, at which time their egg laying production decreases. Perfect!

A busy day at the office, strategic planning, catching up from the long Holiday weekend, and just ordinary stuff to get done. This is the busy season for leasing and property management, and it will not quit until the end of August. So, make hay while the sun shines!

I mentioned a couple weeks ago that one of the calfs had been chosen by Patrick, and that he wanted to take the calf to 'camp' with him. His mom Tonya sent me a bunch of photos this afternoon, and this is a photo of Patrick working his new calf. I think he is going to show the calf in August, so he will be working her pretty well for the next couple months getting ready for the show.

When I went out to feed the chicks this afternoon, I decided to take this picture of the bees 'bearding' one of the hives. I am not sure why they do this, but I am pretty sure I could do an Internet search and discover the answer. Bees are interesting people, even though I am disappointed with the production of honey we will most likely get this year. There is always next year, though.

Tired this evening, so that will do it for today. Tomorrow will be a long day, and Thursday will be a fun day of instruction.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BEES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment