Friday, July 16, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Ninety Seven...

Another very nice day. I woke up this morning and an old friend Derek had found me and friended me on FaceBook, which prompted me to find another couple friends through his network. Interesting times in which we live. Kind of a busy day at work, in meetings for the best part of the day, but did manage to accomplish a few things in spite of all that.

I got home this afternoon, and Hubert was out in the back pasture raking the hay that he had cut yesterday. Then a while later, he was back with the baler and baled 21 bales. He will be back on Monday to cut and rake and bale the front pasture. Here is one photo of the hay field after it has been cut and raked, and the other photo is after they are baled. The bales probably weigh about 1200 pounds each (at least I would think), and sometimes my tractor has a hard time lifting them. Once they are lifted off the ground it is no big deal, but they are heavy! I will try to get the bales moved this weekend, but it is going to be a REALLY BUSY weekend. Things to do here at the house, things to do in the office, clients to meet with from out of town, and then on Sunday, I am going to the other farm in Red Rock to shred some of those pastures. Interesting...

Jody and I went into Georgetown to have dinner tonight at Chipotle's, and I am totally stuffed right now! After I finish this entry, I will need to go outside and put the girls to bed. They are doing better about eating out of my hand, so that is good. When I was going out to the back pasture this evening, there was a single coyote running the fields, and that is the first time I have seen any coyotes for a while. I also talked with our other neighbor Randy for a while, and he had seen the coyote as well. I am surprised Randy did not have his rifle with him.

Sunflowers, sunflowers, sunflowers. I know I showed a photo of this batch of sunflowers already one day this week, but they are so nice, I needed to give you all another look. Soon they will be gone, but you can always refer back.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HAY BALES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment