Monday, July 19, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred...

Sunrise, sunset; Sunrise, sunset, Swiftly fly the years,
One season following another, Laiden with happiness and tears.

- from Fiddler on the Roof

Well, just to relieve the suspense, I will start out with a photo of last nights sunset, then one of this mornings sunrise, and finally one in the middle! A beautiful day in central Texas, and they are predicting a 40% chance of rain tomorrow. That will be nice, except Hubert came and cut the front hay field this afternoon, so I hope he will have a chance to get it raked and baled before it rains. We are benefiting from the sea-breezes coming off the Gulf Coast, and our usually stationary High Pressure system has moved off to the east a little bit, so our chances of rain are increasing ever-so-slightly.

I got my car washed today and it is amazing what a clearer perspective you get when you are looking at the world through a clear windshield. My windshield was horribly fogged from the VOC's that are emitted from almost every component of an automobile. But, that is all taken care of now, and I am a happy driver once again. That is an important thing, since I spend a considerable part (a minimum of 8.3% of every 24 hour period) in my car. Not complaining...I love where I live and I love where I work, they just do not happen to be side-by-side.

Our back neighbor Alan cut and baled hay this weekend on his property, although it was unusual for them to be back there at 11 o'clock at night baling hay. Alan has about thirty acres, and it looks like he will be getting at least 40 bales of hay from his cutting. We got our first cut about 6 weeks ago, and hopefully we will get a third cutting this year. If we get a third cutting, I may sell some of that hay. I just want to make darn sure I have hay for our cattle! If it gets to the point that we have to buy hay, it will most likely be about $90 a bale, and that is crazy!

When I got home from work this afternoon, I went and picked more figs, and I am going to take them over to Pauline's a little later on. I am also going to make sure the chickens have feed so I don't have to do that in the morning. We are finishing off the peach cobbler tonight, and all the other peaches we have are frozen, so I think we will be over the peaches for at least a couple weeks.

The rest of the week will be moderately busy. I have a luncheon tomorrow, a luncheon on Wednesday, and a breakfast on Thursday. I am planning to take the day off on Friday, so I can get some work done down at the other farm in Red Rock.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SUNSETS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment