Tuesday, December 21, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Fifty Five...

Well, as my business partner Carrie would say, I am pretty much always willing to jump off the cliff and expecting that, once I do that, the net will appear. So, after several years of watching (okay stalking maybe) the on-going development of the Chevrolet Volt, and being on a waiting list for somewhere between 18 and 24 months (I really don't remember how long it was) AND after putting down a deposit (in real money) and officially placing my order about three or four months ago, I went to Covert Chevrolet in Hutto last night and took delivery of the car. It is just a little bit nerve wracking to drive, only because it has so much technology in it that you really need to pay attention for a while. So far it is a very nice vehicle, drives like a dream, handles wonderfully well and is VERY fuel efficient. So, Jody and I went to the dealership last night and they delivered the car, and today there was a deal at the Austin-Statesman this afternoon to introduce the car to the media (not just mine, there were a dozen vehicles there, about eight of which were driven in by their owners. I introduced myself to State Senator Kirk Watson (and talked about the upcoming legislative session and REALTOR issues) and finagled my way into getting a photo with me and the new car. Very interesting stuff...new car and talking politics with our State Senator. Pretty much a good day for me!

So...I made it to the office this morning on electric energy only for just a little bit more than 41 miles, and the rest of the way with the gasoline generator operating the electrical motor in the car. Very interesting and seamless. You cannot tell (except for the displays) whether you are using electric energy only or if you have the gasoline generator providing the power. Come on over and I will take you for a drive. I apologize in advance, I will most likely be boring many of you with anecdotes about this car for the foreseeable future.

At work today, I pretty much immersed myself in the operators manual of the car, but I did get some work done, and then headed out to the media thing and then ran errands before heading home.

Once I got home, I successfully got the garage door opener in the car programmed and I might have (or might not have) gotten the Bluetooth system connected to my iPhone so I can have hands free calling. I will know tomorrow if I did that right.

Five eggs from the girls today, and they were waiting for their food this evening when I went out there.

Still have a pretty flexible schedule for the rest of this (short) week.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, VOLTS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment