Thursday, December 23, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Fifty Seven...

Uh-Oh. I am in really big trouble now! I had an appointment to get my car to the dealership in Hutto between 1:30 and 2 o'clock this afternoon, but I was a few minutes late. My friend Chris had told me he would meet me there at 2 o'clock and we would go have a drink or something. Again, I was about 15 minutes late, and then I had to meet with the service guy and everyone at the dealership has been VERY nice and VERY accommodating and that has been a pleasure so far. ANYWAY, Chris and I headed out and we drove into Thorndale, where Chris has several friends and does computer work for several of them. I met Louis at the Downtown Cafe who was a very nice man. Chris had not expected that I had already eaten lunch, but I had, so... Chris had a Chicken-Fried which looked like it ma well have been the MOST DELICIOUS Chicken-Fried Steak ever made in the history of mankind. It looked yummy!

Well, we Chris finished his lunch and we finished talking with Louis and said our goodbyes, and walked two doors down to a small oddities shop. Well, just a few steps out of the cafe doors and I was falling down with desire. Yep, there is a cannon for sale in Thorndale, AND it is totally rusty and will look fabulous in the front of our house. I showed Jody the photo and told him he needed to sit down first, and he did not faint or anything, which I took to be a good sign. Rusty stuff (especially rusty OLD stuff), what could be better.

Okay, so we made it back to pick up the car, and I headed home. I stopped and filled the car up with gas, I had long ago this morning run out of electrical reserves. BUT, I am happy to report that in the 17 miles from the Taylor HEB where I filled the car up (it took just a little over four gallons, the tank is a 9.3 gallon tank) I averaged a little over 42 miles per gallon, not too much less that I was averaging with the Prius. BUT, I do admit that I was much more conservatively than I had lately in the Prius. With the Prius, I could regularly go up and down the Interstate at 70 to 80 miles per hour, and average 43 to 44 miles per gallon with no effort. This car will take a little getting used to.

On the way home, these clouds were breaking and I had to slow down a bit to take a photo, which did not please the people driving behind me. Whatever... Jody reports that he got four eggs this afternoon from the girls, and that is lovely.

Looking forward to the long Holiday weekend, STARTING NOW!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CANNONS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment