Monday, December 13, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Forty Seven...

It was a pretty good day today, all things considered. I got up at the pretty much usual time, maybe a little bit early, and nothing was obviously frozen that I could tell. There is a trough in the front up by where we keep the bees, and the water in that trough was not even considering a little becoming frozen, so I thought that bode pretty darn well for the pipes and things out by the pastures. I did not open the chickens door before I left for work, and Jody took care of that for me later in the morning, and all the girls survived our coldest night of the season with no obvious maladies. Four eggs today.

I did a bit of office work before heading to a meeting about meetings at the Board. It was a pretty interesting meeting about Robert's Rules of Order, and how things should progress during a meeting. Who was Robert? Why was he so obsessed with Rules? Did he have a bad experience at some point trying to get his dinner with mashed potatoes instead of fries? These are questions I shall address in the future, and I will report back to you with the appropriate answers to these queries. Feel free to chime in at any time!

Back at the office, conducted more business.E-mails, snail mails, phone calls, face-to-face visits. Communication is the key!

Carrie and I happened to take a few minutes to visit the Capitol, where I was totally prepared for the 'pat-down' and I was totally disappointed that no one made even the slightest attempt to mess with my 'junk'. That is kind of like being chosen last for dodge-ball in fourth grade. I got used to it then, I will get used to it now. I love the Capitol building, and took this photo to commemorate the visit. Thanks to Carrie for helping me get a good shot.

My friend Chris switched his agency affiliation today, and we are all delighted to have him working alongside us for the betterment of all. It is interesting how folks all around are making changes for the coming year; it is like getting your goals and activities all in line to start the New Year with both feet on the ground! WELCOME CHRIS!

Once I got home, I went out the other pasture and turned the water on to the two troughs for the cattle. They had consumed about half of each trough, and there were no problems. I am not nearly as afraid of cold weather now; I used to believe that any hint of a freeze meant that LOTS of precautions needed to be taken. Whatever!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FRESH IDEAS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment