Monday, December 6, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Forty...

Yesterday had a glorious sunrise, this evening there was a glorious sunset. That is only one of the great things about living here in the country, nothing much gets in your way. There are a couple two-story buildings here and there, but nothing too close. Bartlett itself might have a main street, but you can go around to the back of the buildings and see for several miles. Nature is a good thing.

I had a good and productive day in the office, I am working very hard to get things ready for the fresh New Year. I have big hopes for 2011, and I am going to do my best to make sure good things happen. Why does it take us all until the 'new year' to get motivated? Maybe because we have become discouraged and suffered through a few set-backs. Well, I think I need to try and remember that more in the future. We are what we make of ourselves, and we have no one to blame but ourselves if things do not work out right the first time.

One of my accomplishments was getting my flu shot this morning. It was nice to visit with the Doc, Rene and Lisa. I was just a 'walk-in' flu shot person, they had no idea I was coming in, that is one of the things I like about my doctor and his staff. If you need a recommendation for a GREAT GP, let me know!

I left the office about 3:15ish, and traffic was somewhat backed up on IH-35 heading north. One thing I have learned in the couple years I have been going back and forth on IH-35 is, you do not try to finesse the traffic situation. Tom from my office called me and warned me about the traffic even before I got on the Interstate, but I got on anyway, and I made it home in about an hour and fifteen minutes. If I had tried to go around it, I would have been trapped in traffic light purgatory. So, I have just learned to 'deal' with it.

When I got home, Jody said he retrieved five eggs from the girls today, and they were happy to see me when I went out to feed them. Then there was the sunset, and when O went outside to photograph the sunset, I heard the pool filter gurgling, so I am not running water into the pool. Always something.

The rest of this week looks like a winner, and I am happy with the progress that is being made!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SUNSETS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment