Sunday, December 19, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Fifty Three...

A lovely sunny and warm day in Texas today. We started out pretty chilly, probably had a freeze. We are kind of lucky here, we seem to be a little bit higher than some places around us, so we stay a little bit warmer in the winter than other folks. The recorded low in Georgetown this morning was 28*, but I do not think it was that cold here. We are not going to need to turn the water off in the pastures this week until Christmas Day, so that is wonderful.

After a lovely breakfast of egg-loaf, I went out into the garage to continue my quest of cleaning, straightening and organizing. I found several more hats that we had not seen since we moved here, including this lovely seasonal number, modeled beautifully by Jody. Believe me, the photo of Jody is much better than the photos I took of myself wearing the hat. I also found some sweat pants that I think are large enough to be comfortable and they will be welcome as well when the weather cools down more. Just because it is almost January does not mean we are out of the woods weather-wise. We are all expecting some pretty cold weather before it heats up again.

After I did what I was going to do as far as organizing was concerned, we drove into Hutto for a while. I have always wanted to take a picture of this sign at 'Amandas Honey Pot Porta-Potty Store' but I was always in too much of a hurry to turn around. Today, I was on the look-out for it, and pulled into the driveway to snap the shot. I guess if your marriage is going down the crapper, this is the place for you! Whatever...

On the way home, we went back through Taylor and of course stopped at the Dairy Queen. What can I say? We need our spoilers! We got back home about 3:30, and let the girls out for their afternoon forage through the lands! We got four eggs from them today, and they are mighty good eggs, too. They were ready for dinner too when I went out there to feed them. Jody prepared them an extra big dinner of white bread and cabbage, and they are happy for sure!

This week looks like it is starting out to be a pretty quiet one, leading to the end of the year and the beginning of a new one!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HONEY POTS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment