Wednesday, December 8, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Forty Two...

So, you know, if you drive up and down the same road (IH-35) on a pretty regular, consistent basis, you tend to recognize some of the people in the other vehicles, even though you are hurtling through time and space in a metallic cylinder. This particular guy is pretty easy to recognize, and this is the second time this week I have seen him. The first time, I thought the lights spelled out something, and that they were inside the car, but no, they are entwined in a piece of garland and fastened to the luggage rack kind of thing on his trunk lid. It is pretty effective, especially before the sun comes up. I really expected that this would be a female type driver, but I guess that is just the chauvinist in me burbling to the surface.

Today was a day of honor for a couple friends of mine. My friend Chris was honored as the 'Rookie of the Year' by the Austin Chapter of the Women's Council of REALTORS, and my friend Sytha was honored by the same organization as the 'Entrepreneur of the Year'. I know (having just experienced something similar last week), that this has been an exciting and emotionally draining day. What a wonderful experience it is though, to be honored by your peers for tireless dedication to a cause. They both have my respect and admiration. Congratulations again to you both!

I got some good work done today in the office, in between meetings. Tomorrow will be our Property Management meeting in the morning, then Meals-On-Wheels, and then in the afternoon I have two telephone calls scheduled. Not a bad day, all things considered. I really enjoy my Thursdays! Friday I have a pretty full day at the Board; a meeting in the morning and then speaking to a group of newly licensed REALTORS about TREPAC, and then I am teaching an Ethics class in the afternoon. THEN on Friday night is Carrie's annual Holiday Party, and Jody and I will be there with bells on! FIFO!

The chickens were doing well this afternoon, and although there were five eggs in the nesting boxes, one of them was broken. I think every now and then this egg laying things sneaks up on them and takes them by surprise, and they just 'shoot' out this egg at a pretty high velocity, and that leads to a (relatively speaking) egg disaster. Since we have been collecting eggs (about 11 weeks now) we have probably had three or four eggs broken before we collect them. Not a bad track record, all things considered.

Okay, I am not having a great feeling about this, but we are supposed to have the new washer and dryer delivered tomorrow, and they still have not called to confirm the delivery. When I got home from work today, I moved the old washer and dryer into storage, and because we are ready for the new units, I expect something will come up and they will not be delivered as (for the second or third time) scheduled. We shall see...

We have had a fire going in the wood stove non-stop since Sunday, and we are really enjoying that. Lovely!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BROKEN EGGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment