Tuesday, December 14, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Forty Eight...

A lovely LOVELY day in Austin, Texas where temperatures this afternoon reached a very civilized 73*. Perfectly lovely!

It is relatively slow in the office these days, I think everyone (or a lot of people) are otherwise occupied with the festivities of the season, and the business of doing business if waning. I was at the Board of REALTORS relatively early this morning for a quick in-and-out and stopped by to say hello to our TREPAC coordinator Anna. It was a somewhat cold morning (no freezes or anything) and Anna was a bit chilly in here cube, so she had supplemented her personal environment with a Snuggy, or something like it. I love this photo, thanks Anna!

Made it back to the office, and got a few more things accomplished. I took a little trip to run some errands and stopped by the new Twin Oaks Branch of the Austin Public Library. I have had a library card for the Austin system for a while, but had not used it since we moved to Bartlett. I stopped in and they told me, as long as I lived in the STATE, I could get a library card. PERFECT! They have a lot more books on CD's than our local Bartlett library, so that will be a pleasure when I am 'between-books' with my CD Book subscription service. An added benefit is, this new branch is very environmentally 'green' and they have reserved parking for energy-efficient vehicles. That is the first time EVER that I have had an opportunity to park in a spot reserved for fuel-efficient vehicles. I do believe it will be the trend of the future! This is a picture of the sign at the library that makes a couple parking places 'hands-off' to the land yachts! BRAVO!

All is well on the home front. We have no fire in the wood stove for the first time in a couple weeks (at least), and I have cleaned the ashes out and we will be ready for another fire in a couple days. The temperatures are not expected to dip below 50* tonight, so we expect we can survive without a fire. Maybe not the heated seats in the car, but at least no fire tonight.

Directors meeting tomorrow and then a nice luncheon at the Board. YUM!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TEMPERATE CLIMATE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment