Sunday, December 26, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Sixty...

Okay, let me get this off my chest right now. Just as I was sitting here getting ready to make this entry, the dog comes over and sticks his nose in my piece of Key Lime Pie. This dog is getting just a little bit pushy. I do not mind offering the dog something to eat off my plate (or even foods specifically for him). Heck, we feed him all the time. But not once, not ever has he EVER offered me or Jody anything off his plate. I know he was a rescue dog, but somewhere along the line, you would have thought he would have learned some manners. I can live with the 'chewing-with-his-mouth-open' thing, but this thing of never wanting to share is getting a little tiresome. PLUS, he really does not play well with others. This is getting to mound more and more like an episode of 'Modern Family'!

Not a whole lot accomplished today; I did get a bot more of the garage organized and cleaned up. I even hung two ladders in the garage so I do not continuously trip over them every time I go to look for something. Of course, we did take a little trip into Georgetown for spoilers, and all is well at the Dairy Queen. The Blizzard of the month is 'Nutty Banana', and I think I may have to try one before long. ANYWAY, along the way, Jody asked me if I had ever looked under the hood of the car. Well, the thought had actually NEVER entered my mind, but when we got home, I popped the hood and looked inside. Nothing much about any of it looks familiar, so I just closed it back up and went on about my business. I did recognize some orange things that look like wires, and a place where you would add oil, and what looks like a dip-stick thing that you would check the oil levels with. But other than that, it was a total nothing. All I really care about is if it works. Our little escapade this afternoon took us about 48 miles, and we used a total of .007 gallons of gas. I am liking that, although I am not liking having a car payment again for the first time in about five years. Whatever...

We got four eggs from the girls today, and they got fresh water and some fresh food. They also got to go out and wander the property and scratch for some bugs, which they totally enjoy. The water trough in the front (where the bees get their water) had about a half-inch of ice this morning, and the cattle troughs had ice in them as well, but not as thick. We have turned the water off in the pastures again tonight since we are supposed to have another hard freeze tonight, and that should be it for the next week...maybe a light freeze for New Year's Eve...we shall see.

Tomorrow is a work day. I think I am going to have lunch at Whole Foods so I can check out their charging station.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NUTTY BANANAS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment