Friday, December 3, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Thirty Seven...

WELL...it has certainly been a day for me to remember for a long, long time. It started out innocently enough, with me heading off to town to attend the Austin Board of REALTORS Installation Brunch. It is really difficult to believe that it has already been a year since the first Installation I attended as a new Director at the Board.

At 8:30 this morning, I was at the Austin Country Club drinking a delicious Mimosa, and saying hello to many of my colleagues, on both a local and state level. It was a wonderful function, and when friends would come up to me and wish me a Happy Birthday, I would make a joke about the Board sponsoring this party for my birthday.

The brunch was going nicely, and we got to the awards portion of the event. The last award presented was Chairman John Horton's Special Presentation. I have had the privilege and honor to serve on the Board this year with John as the Chair, and as he was describing the award and the recipient of the award, I started getting an odd feeling, and the associates and friends at our table started kicking each other under the table. Okay, so cut to the chase...I was awarded the Austin Board of REALTORS Chairman's Award for Outstanding Service in 2010.

Dumbstruck. Speechless. Undeserving. These are just a few of the adjectives that immediately come to my mind when I think of the events of the day. Some others include: Overwhelmed. Proud. Tired. Grateful. Blessed.

What a nice birthday. I am truly humbled, but tomorrow will be another day, and no sense in looking at the past, there is only tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that...

I hope you enjoy the photo above of my friends and colleagues at our table.

I had a terrific birthday. Thanks.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BLESSINGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment