Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Sixty Four...

Okay, this is the penultimate day of 2010. No, really!

Okay, so I got gas for the second time with my new vehicle. The first time really does not count as far as calculating mileage is concerned, because I needed the information to be in a more controlled setting. Whatever, work with me on this. SO, as I was saying, I got gas today, and I had driven 650.6 miles since the last fill-up, and I got 8.492 gallons of gas (the tank holds 9.3 gallons). My average is 76.61 miles per gallon, and as soon as I get a little more driving experience under my belt, I expect I will easily be able to top that. PLUS, when I have more convenient access to 240 amp charging, I think I will EASILY be getting 90 miles per gallon. I am happy with this car so far! WOO-HOO!

A nice day at work today, I spent (between yesterday and today) WAY TOO LONG on the phone with the folks at XM Radio. BUT, the mission was accomplished, and I now am paying ONLY for the receivers that still work, and I will add the new radio as soon as my 90 day free service is over. SWEET!

I am posting this entry today from several venues; this particular part is being done from the office. Our friend Lynda was going to have lunch with Jody this afternoon, and they were going to dig up a bunch or Iris, cannas and lillies from the yard, and then Lynda is bringing Jody into town.

When Jody gets here, we are going to run a few errands (we need organic chicken feed, and my favorite place to get it is Buck Moore Feeds on North Lamar) and then we are going to the Gold Class Cinema at the Domain. Drinks, dinner and a movie with a bunch of the Directors from the Austin Board. It ought to be really fun. Another friend of mine (hey Chris) was there a couple nights ago, and said it was really nice and a fun time. So, we are looking forward to that.

I expect the chickens will not have an opportunity to run loose today, but that will hopefully give them incentive to increase production. The last time this week that they were kept confined (that time because of rainy weather) they delivered one-egg-each the next day. Sometimes a little bit of intimidation is a good thing!

More later...

It is now later, and all I can say is, we had a GREAT evening. Good setting, good friends, good food and good wine...okay, and the movie did not suck either! This is a photo of Jody and me before the movie began. We were at the Gold Class Cinema, compliments of Chairman Horton and there were about sixteen of us there. Great fun to see everyone removed from the Board Room and in a casual setting, sprawled out in very comfortable chairs, having a nice dinner and a few drinks. A totally different (and enjoyable) atmosphere that we are all accustomed to. The movie was 'True Grit' and it was a VERY GOOD movie, and it was interesting to see because much of it was filmed less than ten miles from our house, in Granger, Texas. More photos may be available in later entries to this journal. Stay tuned...

It is late, time for snoozing.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TRUE GRIT, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment