Friday, May 20, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Forty; Friday...

Well, this could be it. Tomorrow is allegedly the end of it all. If you don't hear any thing more from me, you will know what happened. BUT, I expect I will not be one of those raptured, I am no where near that good of a person. I expect I will be left behind, not as in the 'meek' inheriting the earth or anything like that. I am just an ordinary guy, doing ordinary things.

AND, if tomorrow will be the end of it all, why was everyone so 'hell-bent' (is that a poor choice of words) on getting their own way about things today. No one really seemed to be paying attention, and all the long-term planning seemed to be continuing. The television weather prognosticators were still providing us with a seven-day-forecast, so you can understand my concern. Whatever... BUT still, just in case, maybe I need to be hedging my bets.

After those previous paragraphs, everything else I could possibly say in this journal entry will sound somewhat anti-climactic. But, I will try to keep this brief and to the point.

Work, work, meeting. Meeting, work, work, meeting. Work, meeting, meeting. That pretty much sums it up for today.

My last meeting of the day included these lovely cupcakes that were hand-made by Jennifer. Lovely. It was not only cup cakes, but brownies (I think) and some cobbler kinds of things (I had the peach one), and it was VERY good. Jennifer reported that she thought it was her personal best to date.

When I got home, I got outside and cut (at) the grass. Front and back. THEN it rained 57 drops on two separate occasions. There is still some thunder around, but I am disappointed that we did not get any rain from this system. Life is full of disappointments.

Tomorrow I will go in and teach a class at the Board, then I have an appointment in the afternoon, then it will be time for spoilers at the DQ. Sunday we are having friends over, and that will be lovely. I will order the food after 11:30 (time of said end), but I do not know if that is Central time or Greenwich Mean Time. I will have to play that one by ear.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CUP CAKES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment