Tuesday, May 10, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Thirty; Tuesday...

Really! It is only Tuesday? It seems like I have been here a month, and I have n=only been here a little over twenty-four hours. The days seem to go on forever here!

This morning, I had an interesting thing happen. I woke up but I did not want to get out of the bed. I needed to go and get my registration packet and attend an 8 o'clock meeting, but I did not want to get out of bed. So I didn't. And the world did not come to an end, Congress went on and conducted business, and I showed up a few minutes later than I ordinarily would have. Nothing bad happened!

I did make it to a ten o'clock meeting, and a 2 o'clock meeting and a 4 o'clock meeting, with lunch in the middle. This is the background of the 2 o'clock meeting that was attended by a couple thousand of my colleagues, about what is going on in the the mortgage markets. AND, it was pretty much determined that nobody knows what is going on, but lots of people have the answers, only I am not so sure!

I made it back to my Hotel for a few minutes, before I went to a reception with a couple friends Judith and Jim. Very nice, in the National Building Museum. Kind of a homely building on the outside, but very nice on the inside. We were only in the lobby, but I like a place with big fountains and Corinthian columns on the inside. You can never go wrong with Corinthian columns, in my opinion.

You can, however, go wrong with the food that is served. The liquor, probably not, but the food is a whole other thing. Crab cakes that are too crabby, shrimp that does not taste like shrimp, beef that cannot be cut with only a fork (no knives provided), and dessert selections that cannot be distinguished one from another. However, did I mention there was liquor? Free liquor? That seems to be the cure for most ills in 'the District'. So, I am not complaining, simply observing.

Tomorrow the real work will commence, the actual visits to our elected officials. It will be an interesting experience, all wonderfully choreographed down to the last minute. Who is serving whom? It will all play out well...

I have to be at a seven o'clock meeting in the morning, even if I don't feel like it.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RICH CORINTHIAN COLUMNS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment