Wednesday, May 11, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Thirty One; Wednesday...

I at least think it is Wednesday. Days are all running together, some much stuff is happening in a (relatively) short period of time.

This morning (seems like a really long time ago) my first meeting was at 7 AM and it was a well attended briefing on national issues that are of importance to Realtors and property owners; flood insurance, mortgage interest deductions, getting lenders to respond in a timely fashion to short sale offers, and the ability of lending institutions to actually LEND, among others. This is a photo of some of my group on the way to meet with Senator Cornyn. The group includes Earl, Frank, David, Judith, Me and John.

After the meeting with Senator Cornyn and totally to my amazement, I got this opportunity to have my photo taken with the President. My group was just walking, and I had wandered off from them (I could still see them) and this offer was made for me to come and have a photo taken. I seized the opportunity and got four of my colleagues the same chance, and it was really a fun thing. You know, interesting things can happen when you are minding your own business, and you just have to seize the opportunities when they come along. Needless to say, it was an interesting morning, and there is more to this story in all of this, and I will be happy to share it with you the next time I see you. Truth is stranger than fiction!

In the afternoon, we met up at Congressman Michael McCaul's office. The Congressman was not available (he was voting) but we met with his administrative assistant and had a very nice conversation. This meeting was in the Cannon Office Building, and it is a pretty interesting place, although the corridors (the Halls of Congress) are really kind of plebeian. ANYWAY, this is (probably) a copy of the pediments outside the capital, and it was an interesting thing to see close up.

AND, I was standing in line waiting for a cab and started a conversation with the woman in front of me. She was on her way to the White House (small world) where she was meeting with an assistant of the First Lady, to discuss childhood obesity. AND, her sister lives in Austin AND I know here sister (Sunday) who is a member of my MasterMind group. AN EVEN SMALLER WORLD!

What an interesting day!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, A SMALL WORLD INDEED, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment