Monday, May 23, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Forty Three; Monday...

There is plenty of tragedy to go around. Wars, tornadoes, earthquakes, applying for a new mortgage. Painful each in their own individual ways. SO, I am not going to tell you what PROBABLY happened to this little fledgling, but what I can prove happened. We have lots of Barn Swallows around here, and we are not really bothered by them. I know when I show homes and they have nests by the front door, some folks are put off by the poop that results. BUT we live on the edge of nowhere (that is further than the middle of nowhere) and a little poop is just to be expected. If it is not cow poop or chicken poop, it might just was well be Barn Swallow poop. There is plenty of poop. ANYWAY, there have been a few fledglings that have left the nests a bit prematurely, and I hope this one made it. I know for certain that it was capable of moving around on its own for short distances, so we will hope for the best.

Jody reports that he got five eggs from the girls this afternoon, and he also reported that this one barred rock can indeed get out of the nesting box and go outside. She has been sticking pretty darn close to the nesting box for the last couple days, and has not been too happy when I would reach underneath her to see if she was concealing something that I should know about. I meant to call my friend at Buck Moore Feeds to see if I should be paying better attention, but I did not do it (I need to add that to my to-do list). Anyway, if she keeps it up, I will make the call in the next day or so.

I think I am on my way to another personal best, the final results will be known tomorrow. I have already broken my mileage record for a single (9.2 gallon) tank of gas, and I am somewhere over 130 miles per gallon for this tank. On my commute tomorrow morning, I will go over 1,100 miles on the one tank, and I will probably end up around 1,175 miles, maybe 1,200, who knows. As I neared my office this morning on IH-35, I was at 140 miles per gallon. I am learning each day how to get the most out of a charge, and how to get the most mileage. Fun stuff...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HYPER-MILING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment