Sunday, May 1, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Twenty One; Sunday...

Well this has certainly been a day of extremes and STILL no rain. That is NOT how this day was supposed to play out, BUT there is still time. Come on RAIN!

One of the first things I did this morning was to take a fresh bale of hay out to the cattle. We were expecting friends out this afternoon, and the cattle are always an attraction. I had first thought I would take a bale of hay out while our guests were here, but I decided that was TOTALLY impractical. so I went ahead with the bale of hay this morning. Which pretty much baffled the cattle, they are in the routine where they get fed first which pretty much distracts them from messing with me while I take the twine off the hay bale and put the hay ring around the bale. SO, they just pretty much stood around trying to figure out what would happen next, but still did not seem to know where to go. So, this is a photo of the puzzled cattle.

Our guests began arriving about Noon:30 and it was great to have friends and colleagues come out for the afternoon. Good food, good friends and good times. While we were eating lunch (it was hot and humid, probably in the mid-90's) out on the back patio, I felt a rush of COLD air, like the air conditioner was suddenly being vented outside. The turbines swung around (previously from the south now from the north) and the temperature dropped about 20 degrees. Right now it is in the middle 60's, and I even lowered the window in the chicken coop. Gonna be much cooler tonight and next week.

Did I mention there has been no rain?

OH, CRAP!

Once everyone left this afternoon, I went out and gathered up one more egg (we had previously collected four) and I cleaned out the chicken coop and gave the chickens fresh water. Everything is pretty much done farm-wise for another week, tomorrow is the start of another 'work' week. Work at the farm is totally different than work at the farm - totally different.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, VISITING FRIENDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment