Tuesday, May 3, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Twenty Three; Tuesday...

What a day this has been, what a rare mood I'm in, why it's almost like being in love...

Whatever...

No, really, #1) It has been a great day and #2) I am in love, but that is a whole other story...

I have seen a few of my friends posting their dissatisfaction with the amount of money (or credit limit) that is required to put gasoline (or diesel, and most likely bio-diesel) in the tanks of their cars. So, here is something for you to ponder. I traded the high cost of evaporative gasoline expense for a car payment, even though I had the car on order for years! This photo shows my statistics for the most recent tank of gas I purchased, about ten days ago (maybe less). You can also see that, since I was driving at the incredible speed of 32 miles per hour, I absolutely WAS on IH-35 this morning on the way to work! BUT, I think the statistics for this tank of gas will be a personal best for me. I am hoping to go right at 1,000 miles on this tank of gas (the tank holds 9.2 gallons of PREMIUM gasoline) and I am hoping for somewhere around 125 to 130 miles per gallon. OF COURSE, you have to figure in the electricity cost that I use, which I figure to be somewhere between $1.50 and $2.00 per day. Still, at the end of my money, I have something to look at and sit in. I'm just sayin'...

I would like to make a big SHOUT-OUT to all my NEW (and old) friends at AVALAR AUSTIN REALTY. I went out to speak with them (about TREPAC) at their annual meeting today, along with Leslie and Lindsey from the Texas Association of REALTORS. A wonderful meeting, and they have a great group of folks that really do good word for the clients. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys in the future.

Another wreck today outside the office, this is getting to be a normal occurrence. As you may remember, one of our agents (Pat) had a wreck there about three or four weeks ago. I wonder if it true, that someone will have to be killed there before anyone will do anything about it. I really do not believe a traffic light is the answer (that would pretty much mean there should be a traffic light on every corner). But maybe a no left turn sign is what is needed. I make left turns there all the time, and I am also aware of what has happened, so I think I am extra cautious. Okay, who really believes I am extra cautious about anything? Come on, raise your hands. Okay, that is what I thought.

This just in from the chicken-cam...Jody collected four eggs from the girls today and I went outside (to check the bees) and collected two more, which makes one for each of the girls. I love the chicken-cam photos, I think they are fun and the chickens are generally cooperative, and the idea of them being famous does not hurt one bit, either. NOW, the truth is, only five of the six eggs made it into the house today. See below...

This is straight out of the 'I THINK I SAW THAT IN A THREE STOOGES MOVIE' files. This is a photo of a sun-catcher our friend Jeanne brought us last Sunday when we had some friends over. We originally had it in one spot, but we moved it so I would get more action from the sun. Yesterday was really too overcast to pay much attention to it, but today when I got home it was a beautiful sunny day. So, when I was out with the chickens, I put the two eggs in my pants pocket because they were pecking at them. When I squatted down to take this picture, there was a horrible sound emanating from my pants pocket...yeah, well, you really need to picture that. If you don't know what suit I was wearing today, that might be a nice little game for you to play. If you do know what suit I was wearing, I think I got all the egg out of the pocket, and you really can't tell it happened. I will know better in the morning after everything is dried.

Good news is, I have time to take stuff to the cleaners before I leave on Monday for the NAR Mid-Term in DC.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BROKEN EGGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment