Saturday, June 1, 2013

2013 - Day 152/213 - Saturday...

It is difficult to believe that today is the first day of June already.  It is also very sad to have received a telephone call early this morning telling me that one of the long-time colleagues of the Austin Board of REALTORS® died early this morning.  Kate was a truly strong and amazing woman and she had suffered from various cancers for many years.  A young woman that worked in the marketing department, I got a chance to know her much better over the past year, specifically last November when we all attended an annual conference in Orlando.  Kate will be sorely missed and today is a sad day on that count.


I did get most of my wish today, though, to do little of nothing.  I did get some office work done, which was not physically tiring but there were some mental calisthenics.  After taking the dog for a walk and then taking him for a drive, short naps were in order, and then we headed out to Elgin.

We were going to Elgin for lunch, and that was great.  We were also on a quest (okay I was on a quest) to find a roadside vendor of concrete lawn art.  You can never have too much of that stuff.  After lunch (I had the brisket plate), we kept heading east on 290 but after 80 miles we turned around.  I am convinced that if I had driven another half mile we would have arrived at the concrete yard art mecca, and all my dreams would have been fulfilled with one swipe of the credit card processor.  BUT NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Why did the turtle cross the road?  Many times, out here in the country, that question cannot be answered because most often the turtles do not make it to the other side of the road.  BUT, as I was turning from one road to the next, this guy was in the middle of the road.  I stopped and flew him over to the other side of the road where, just moments after I got back in the truck he was happily recounting his encounter with the alien that whisked him off and he doesn't remember too much about it, but he woke up (it seemed like days later) not far from where he had been.  That whole part about the I WAS PROBED is all a lie, I just set him off the road into the tall grass.

Happy travels Kate...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, KATE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment